Perfect vegan taco meat made from tofu! Layer on a taco (or burrito) with your favourite toppings for the ultimate vegan taco. This delicious gluten-free recipe is easy to make, full of flavor, and is ready in less than an hour. These can be made ahead and reheated making dinner a breeze.
- 1 tablespoon light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional for spice)
- 1 block (350g) extra-firm tofu, drained (no need to press it)
- ¾ - 1 ¼ cups salsa
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!