This easy creamy pumpkin soup recipe is one of the best fall recipes ever. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is a classic pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Enjoy this comforting vegan dish all Fall and Winter long to warm you up from the inside-out!
You could certainly make the soup a day in advance. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list—this soup only requires basic pantry ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, very finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Toasted pumpkin seeds and flaky sea salt, for serving (optional)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!