If you like a good sausage and cheese biscuit for breakfast you will love this Cream Cheese Sausage Balls. They are the perfect combination of cheese and sausage that we’ve eaten with breakfast, as appetizers and snacks around the tv!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 ¼ cups baking mix (such as Bisquick ®)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Blend sausage, baking mix, cream cheese, and Cheddar cheese together using the dough hook attachment of an electric stand mixer on very low speed until well combined, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking stone.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the centers, 22 to 25 minutes.
I use a baking stone with short walls to prevent the grease from rolling off of the baking pan. Use the recommended baking time if using a baking stone. If using a metal pan, bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
You can use pork sausage that's hot, mild, or whatever your preference.