This Creamy Tomato Chicken and Chorizo Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. With juicy chicken and flavor-packed chorizo sausage, this creamy pasta recipe has so much flavor whilst still delivering a creamy and comforting yet simple dinner.
- 5.5 oz chorizo - see note 1
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell peppers see note 2
- 1 yellow bell pepper see note 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (14oz/400g)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika - optional
- 14 oz pasta - see note 3
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- flat-leaf parsley
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1. I usually make this dish with the firm cured Spanish chorizo, have a lookout for it at the grocery store, you'll find it with the prepacked hams and lunch meat. But if you can only find the soft Mexican sausage kind then go ahead and use that in this dish, it will work well too!
2. You can use any color of peppers (capsicums) you like here. We prefer the sweeter red and yellow varieties. But add green if you like.
3. You can use any pasta shape that your family likes here. Penne, rigatoni, spiralli, ziti, and pasta shells work well. Or pick a long pasta like spaghetti or linguine.