This beef and barley stew slow cooker recipe is comfort food made easy. It’s a hearty, flavorful soup with tender beef and vegetables, plus plump barley. It’s an easy crockpot recipe that’s comfort in a bowl! This is a great option for freezing, as it thaws and reheats beautifully.
It is a great way to use up any leftover beef or vegetables you may have. With a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can create a delicious and comforting meal that your whole family will love.
Crock Pot Beef Barley Stew
This beef and barley stew slow cooker recipe is comfort food made easy. It's a hearty, flavorful soup with tender beef and vegetables, plus plump barley. Simple ingredients are left to mingle in the slow cooker, resulting in a rich and flavorful stew of tender beef and vegetables with barley. Total comfort!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1" cubes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 8 large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/2" pieces
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium-large yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 1 bay leaf
- chopped fresh parsley
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!