These Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies is an easy, classic cookie that is a wonderful addition to all the festive treats. These melt in your mouth buttery pecan shortbread cookies are baked to perfection and rolled in powdered sugar.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
- Use real honest-to-goodness butter so they taste yummy. I personally use Land O Lakes butter for all my cookies.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Chop the pecans fairly fine. Remember you can use different nuts.
- This a thick dough so roll the cookies with your hands because the warmth of your hands will help shape the cookies.
- Preheat the oven and load the baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Use parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- If you have time do a test run with one or two cookies. It really helps to establish baking time.
- Do not over-bake the cookies. These are a type of shortbread cookies with a crumbly melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- When measuring your flour spoon the flour into the measuring cups and level off with a table knife.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.