Chicken Taco Mexican Pinwheels are ideal for serving as an appetizer, for between meal snacking or make-ahead holiday and game day starters. They can be prepped a bit ahead of time and don’t need to be heated, so they’re easy to set out for friends and family as finger food or to pack for a midday meal at work.
These chicken pinwheels are made with Mexican flavors and always get rave reviews. Made with mouthwatering chicken taco flavors, they’re a favorite with both kids and adults!
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp (my packages are 8oz, so I used a package and a half)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded chicken **see recipe notes below
- 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning (choose your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, very well drained
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3/4 - 1 cup cilantro, chopped finely (adjust to your tastes)
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- fresh minced cilantro, for garnish optional
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!