This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Risotto is my favourite basic risotto recipe. The perfect warm winter dinner to satisfy all your comfort food cravings. This risotto is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1/2 medium onion diced finely
4 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs butter
4 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup arborio rice
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
3 Tbs freshly chopped parsley
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
- Use a white wine you like to drink (avoid products labeled “cooking wine” like the plague. Basically, if you don’t like the wine you use your cooking, you won’t like the end product!
- Don’t worry about precise measurements when pouring in the stock. It just needs to basically cover the surface of the rice
- Simmer gently – a rapid boil isn’t what we’re looking for here
- Use hot stock!! The heat helps maintain the starch content of the rice
- Stir REGULARLY but not CONSTANTLY
What to do with leftovers
- Ha!! I usually make a double batch, but 1 batch doesn’t leave me with much left over!! This risotto reheats beautifully, so you can pack it to take to work for lunch, or reheat it for a quick side with another meal later in the week.
- I HAVE frozen it before, but it is best eaten within a few days right out of the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.