This Healthy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Recipe is delicious and easy to make! Whether you use chicken thighs or breasts, your entire family will love it. This is a terrific choice for those busy weeknights when you only have a short time to make dinner because they cook so fast.
This tropical chicken has become our new favorite savory pineapple dish. In this recipe, you’ll be grilling pineapple slices next to chicken marinated in a mouthwatering, sticky-sweet glaze. The combination makes for the perfect sweet and savory dish!
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin removed and cut into rounds with the core removed
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, (or breasts)
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, (or sub water if you don't have any)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For serving and topping:
- White or cauli rice, (Cauli rice for Whole30)
- Mixed greens
- Chopped green onions, (for topping)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!