This Twice Baked Potato Casserole makes a perfect no-fuss side dish for a holiday meal. Loaded with creamy mashed potatoes, bacon, cheese and bites of potatoes skins. PLUS, it’s make-ahead and freezer friendly!
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
½ pound bacon
8 medium russet potatoes, Equal to about 6 pounds
3 Tablespoons canola oil
2 sticks salted butter, softened and sliced into cubes.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup whole milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- This casserole can be prepared up to two days ahead of time. You will prepare the entire casserole as noted in the recipe but you'll hold off on baking it until you're ready to serve it, and will need to refrigerate it until then.
- When you're ready to bake it, you'll want to cover the top and bake for 10-15 minutes. Then remove the top, and bake for 25 minutes.
Crock Pot Method
- Follow the instructions as outlined, but assemble the casserole in the Crock Pot instead of a casserole dish.
- Heat on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour. Once the cheese is melted, switch it to warm.
- Garnish with green onions just before serving.