This Ham and Potato Corn Chowder is easy enough to make as a weeknight meal, and best of all can be made with fresh, frozen, or even canned corn, making it perfect all year round! A lighter, creamy and tasty ham and potato corn chowder that is pure comfort in a bowl!
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour for gluten free)
- 2 cups ham broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced small and optionally peeled
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1 cup corn
- salt and pepper to taste
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!