This homemade strawberry sauce is absolutely wonderful recipe. It has just 3 ingredients and this is the easiest strawberry sauce recipe. This is our favorite and easiest way to make strawberry sauce. Serve cold over cheesecake or ice cream, waffles, pie, you name it!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (Optional)
1. Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture sizzles and juice begins to form.
2. Continue stirring; mash a few strawberries with a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula to help produce the syrup. Cook until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Transfer 1/3 of the strawberry sauce to a blender. Cover and hold the lid down with a potholder while you puree the mixture. Add pureed mixture back into the remaining sauce and stir until blended.