Lentil Soup with Lemon and Turmeric is the perfect recipe to make when you want something hearty, cozy and filling. This healthy recipe is made with lentils, carrots, turmeric, and fresh lemon. It’s savory, satisfying, and utterly delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot (2 large carrots)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups (12 ounces) lentils, picked and rinsed
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 heaping cups shredded kale or spinach
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley or dill, optional
- Fine sea salt, to taste
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!