If you like lemons and raspberries you’re going to LOVE this Raspberry Cake with Lemon Buttercream! An old fashioned Raspberry Lemon Cake recipe with lemon buttercream frosting, made with yogurt, fresh raspberries, and lots of lemon juice for a sweet/tart delicious dessert.
- 9 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (you can use vanilla yogurt as well)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (I like to use frozen berries)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, you may need a bit more.
- optional 1 small drop yellow gel food coloring