Trendy Cream Tarts is a beautiful, elegant dessert, that is surprisingly easy to make and inexpensive. These cream tarts are also called cream cakes, cake tarts, tart cakes, cream biscuits, open cookie and cream cakes. You can cut them into letters, numbers, or shapes, and decorate them with fruits, flowers, and all your favorite candies.
Note that both the cookie dough and white chocolate frosting require some chilling time, so make sure you leave enough time to finish all the components.
For The Tart Dough:
- 2 eggs
- 5.5 oz granulated sugar, (3/4 cup)
- 3 oz honey, (1/4 cup)
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 13.5 oz all-purpose flour, (3 cups)
For The White Chocolate Frosting:
- 10 oz white chocolate, finely chopped (or real white chocolate chips)
- 10 oz heavy cream
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature—do not use low-fat or non-fat varieties
- Flowers, berries, meringues, candies, or anything else you want!
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!