Simple 3 ingredients Japanese Cotton Cheesecake makes a perfect show-stopping cake that is so incredibly good. This Light, jiggly, and fluffy, Cheesecake is seriously the most delicious treat to serve for a crowd.
I did not know this Japanese baked cheesecake was called Cotton Cheesecake because in Japan, it is called soufflé cheesecake or baked cheesecake.
125g of cream cheese (Soften cut into cubes)
120g of white chocolate chips/bar
3 large cold eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Place your white chocolate on a big stainless steel bowl and melt your white chocolate chips under hot water (Double boiling method).
- Add in the Cream cheese into the melted white chocolate mixture and mix well till it is well combined.
- Separate the egg yolks & egg whites.
- Add in the 3 egg yolks into the batter and mix well. Set aside and prepare the Meringue.
- On a clean bowl, add in your 3 eggs whites and use a electric whisk and beat till firm peak form.
- Look at picture 9, I had tested that the meringue is ready as when I do the turn over test. (Try at your own risk)
- Add in 1/3 of the meringue into the batter and fold in slowly using a spatula till it is well combined.
- Add in 1/2 of the meringue into the batter and fold in slowly using a spatula till it is well combined.
- Lastly add in the remaining meringue into the batter and fold in till it is well combined. I prefer to use a whisk to fold in. Individual preference.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin. (Remember to lay the baking sheet for the cake tin.)
- Place the cake tin into a baking tray, pour in some hot water onto the baking tray and put into the oven. This is water bath baking to prepare the cheesecake from cracking.
- Bake the cake for 15mins under 170C then reduce the temperature to 160C to bake for another 15mins. Lastly, off the power but continue to let it bake inside the oven for another 15mins.
- Once baking is done, transfer the baking tin on a wire rack and let it cool down completely.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar (optional) onto the cake and it is ready to serve!