These BEST Mushroom Melt Grilled Cheese is quick and simple to make. It’s an absolute crowd pleaser! These garlic butter mushrooms will even convert the mushroom haters!
For the Mushrooms:
- 1–1.5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces mushrooms (shiitake, button, cremini, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the Mushroom Melt:
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (gruyere, mozzarella, provolone all work here)
- red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bread (hearty wheat/seedy/whole grain bread is the bomb)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!