Braised Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine Sauce has always been my favorite comfort food meal. This is the sort of food you’ll pay top dollar for at fine dining restaurants but is actually very easy to make at home.
- 5 - 6 beef short ribs , 300-400g/10-14oz each (Note 1)
- 1.5 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 large onion , chopped (brown, yellow or white)
- 2 celery ribs , chopped
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) dry red wine (Note 2)
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock/broth, low sodium
- 2 sprigs thyme (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!