This delightfully rich and tasty Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Soup is the best ever way to enjoy your homemade tomato soup! The fresh basil and stock are just the right amount of balance to the soup. The cream adds depth and luxuriousness. It’s easy to make ahead and delicious to enjoy throughout the week!
- 9 Roma tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup basil fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!