This easy homemade cream of mushroom soup is creamy without a lot of cream! Rich and delicious mushroom soup is wonderfully satisfying to enjoy any time of the year. You’ll never buy the canned version again.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) fresh brown mushrooms sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped thyme divided
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (any dry red or white wine)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt adjust to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoons black cracked pepper adjust to taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half (sub with evaporated milk)
- Chopped fresh parsley and thyme to serve
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!