This Banana Upside Down Cake is a beautiful dessert perfect for special occasions or even. It’s an incredibly moist and flavorful dessert, but it makes a great breakfast or snack, too. You can’t go wrong if you serve this cake with toasted pecans and caramel sauce!
This delicious Banana Upside Down Cake has rich flavor thanks to mashed bananas in the batter and a layer of banana slices in caramel sauce on top. This cake could be breakfast! It’s rich and dense cake, but very moist at the same time. It’s something between bread and a cake.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4.5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- About 3 bananas sliced into 1/4–1/3 inch rounds
For the cake batter:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter-softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 overripe bananas-mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Caramel Glaze:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!