This Easy Creamy Broccoli and Bacon will be your new favorite side dish! Topped with bubbling mozzarella, this recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY non-vegetable lover to fall head over heels! And bonus? It’s low carb!
- 8 ounces (250 g) bacon roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (400 ml) light cream (or for a richer sauce, you can use heavy or thickened cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water cornstarch slurry
- 1 pound (500 g) broccoli florets, from 2-3 broccoli heads — stems removed
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!