This Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage is an simple, easy and delicious weeknight dinner recipe. Comes together in 40 minutes of total work, it’s perfect for a weeknight meal, but fancy enough to serve guests as well.
There’s nothing better than having a restaurant quality pasta dish on the table for my family and friends. This creamy shrimp pasta always disappears quickly from our dinner table!
- 1 lb. large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 oz andouille sausage or smoked sausage (thinly sliced)
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- ½ yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth sodium free
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!