This Easy French Onion Stuffed Chicken is the perfect main dish recipe for French Onion Soup lovers! Juicy, succulent chicken breasts stuffed with caramelized onions and glorious melted cheese. A perfect weeknight or weekend dinner. Low Carb and Keto approved!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large onions halved and thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper to season
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine, sherry or balsamic vinegar (OPTIONAL)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth or stock divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!