Easy Healthy Chicken Broccoli Soup is a simple recipe that perfect for a cozy winter dinner. Easy comfort food in a bowl served with crusted bread.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes/red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 cups broccoli stems removed and finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock/broth (Home-made or good quality store bought )
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 753mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4070IU | Vitamin C: 70.8mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!