This Homemade Beef Stew Recipe is the perfect comforting stew for chilly nights or Sunday dinners. It is loaded with potatoes, meat and spices and is a savory dish your family will ask for again and again.
You really can’t find a better comfort food than a good beef stew recipe. And this one here definitely gets all the thumbs up. Serve with egg noodles, rice or a loaf of crusty bread to soak up every last bite.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
1. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add beef and cook until well browned.
2. Dissolve bouillon in 4 cups water and pour into the pot; stir in rosemary, parsley, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.
3. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons of cold water; stir into stew. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour.