Pasta e Fagioli Soup is a rich and hearty Italian soup loaded with ground beef, fresh vegetables, creamy beans, tender pasta and delicious herbs. It’s hearty, comforting, and oh so delicious!
A super easy, no-fuss copycat recipe that’s wonderfully hearty and comforting, except it tastes 100x better than the restaurant-version! Perfect for those dreary winter evenings when you want something fast and delicious, this soup comes together in 50 minutes, and it’s super adaptable.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water, then more as desired
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese , for serving
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!