Old-Fashioned Creamy Rice Pudding is a classic comfort dessert that is not overly sweet, with hints of cinnamon and can be enjoyed warm or cold. It’s a cozy, quick-fix snack or dessert that’s perfect for chilly afternoons!
This rice pudding is the best I’ve ever tasted, and it gets rave reviews from everyone who tastes it! It’s a popular dessert in one form or another all over the world.
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup golden raisins (Optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place cooked rice in a medium saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups milk and salt; cook and stir until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Add remaining 1/2 cup milk, golden raisins, beaten egg, and white sugar; continue cooking, stirring continuously, until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes more.
3. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract.