Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter cold
- 6 teaspoons light brown sugar
For cake batter:
- 3 fresh peaches (Note 1)
- 1 ½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (130g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (90g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk at room temperature (Note 2)
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- Note 1a: It’s not necessary to peel the peaches. You can, if you want to.
- Note 1b: Some people have successfully made this recipe with frozen and canned peaches. Frozen peaches didn’t caramelize well though.
- Note 2: You can substitute DIY version for buttermilk. I shared 2 options in the post above.
- Note 3: You can make one 9-inch cake instead of mini cakes. Simply bake it for about 40 minutes.