Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is my favorite coffee cake of all time. This Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe is going to become your new favorite easy coffee cake recipe. This moist coffee cake is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
This is a coffee cake. This means that it is a cake that is normally eaten with coffee. Or tea, depending on where you come from, and with most coffee cakes, this cake is especially easy to make.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine sour cream, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg, and add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture. Top with almonds.
3. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
4. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.