This French Onion Salisbury Steak is so easy to make and has the most amazing savory gravy. Just need 30 minutes to enjoy a delicious classic dinner with your beloved family.
Did you find this post helpful? Want to come back to this page later? Save the Image above to your Recipe board on Pinterest!
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce Divided
- 2 1/4 Cups Beef Broth, Divided
- 1 1/2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1/3 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
- NOTE that I recommend using a ground beef with 15 to 20 percent fat content for best flavor, but, very lean beef will work if necessary.
- NOTE: Leftovers can be refrigerated and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Substitutions: If you are sensitive to salt, you may want to use low sodium stock/broth for this recipe. You can use regular or Italian breadcrumbs in place of the panko breadcrumbs. This recipe is great made with mozzarella, white cheddar, or sliced gouda in place of the provolone if desired.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!