This traditional family recipe Keto and Gluten Free Swedish Meatballs. With juicy and incredibly flavorful meatballs, bathed in a creamy and luscious gravy! It’s the perfect homemade Keto meatball recipe that tastes just like Ikea Swedish meatballs but without gluten and less carbs. You’ll love it!
Did you find this post helpful? Want to come back to this page later? Save the Image above to your Recipe board on Pinterest!
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter divided
- 1 medium white onion finely copped
- 500 g ground beef chuck works great!*
- 1/4 cup almond flour or crushed pork rinds (see notes!)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream divided
- extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1-2 cups beef broth to taste**
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon arrowroot powder or 1/4 tsp konjac (glucomannan) powder
- mashed cauliflower
- cranberry relish a terrific sub for lingonberry jam!
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
* Or feel free to do half ground chuck half ground pork (my absolute favorite!)!
**A few of you have had issues with reducing the sauce (i.e. cooking it down so it doesn't end up too thin). So start with 1 cup and add to taste!
If you’re looking for another delicious keto recipe, you can try this Keto Beef Stroganoff with Sour Cream Recipe.
If you like the recipe, please share it.