This traditional family recipe Keto and Gluten Free Swedish Meatballs. With juicy and incredibly flavorful meatballs, bathed in a creamy and luscious gravy! You’ll love it!
Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter divided
- 1 medium white onion finely copped
- 500 g ground beef chuck works great!*
- 1/4 cup almond flour or crushed pork rinds (see notes!)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream divided
- extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1-2 cups beef broth to taste**
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon arrowroot powder or 1/4 tsp konjac (glucomannan) powder
- mashed cauliflower
* Or feel free to do half ground chuck half ground pork (my absolute favorite!)!
**A few of you have had issues with reducing the sauce (i.e. cooking it down so it doesn’t end up too thin). So start with 1 cup and add to taste!
If you’re looking for another delicious keto recipe, you can try this Keto Beef Stroganoff with Sour Cream Recipe.
If you like the recipe, please share it.