This Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best and crispiest wings ever! They are so crispy and delicious without using any extra oil! Cooking Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer instead of deep frying them makes them healthier and clean up easier. They are ready in only 30 minutes and so easy to make!
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
2 lbs chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
FOR THE BUFFALO CHICKEN WING SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
- In my experience, it is not necessary to pat dry the wings before cooking. If the wings are especially wet, then I pat them dry but not thoroughly.
- Air Fryers with different Temperature Scales: If your Air Fryer doesn’t go up to 400 degrees F, keep cooking them at the highest temperature for the last 6 minutes to crisp up; according to readers, this method works well. If your Air Fryer doesn’t have the exact temperature available that the recipe calls for, use the setting that’s closest to it.
- Dry Rub: You can use a dry rub if you like.
- Oven: You can make this recipe in the oven but it will take a lot longer to get the wings as crispy as in the air fryer. To make them in the oven, bake them in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 45-55 min, flipping them once after 25 minutes.
- Leftovers: You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat fried chicken wings at 350°F for 5 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400°F and cook for 3-5 more minutes until reheated and crispy.
- Big batch: Frying the Wings in a single layer or separated by a double-layer rack works best but you can make a bigger batch by taking some of the wings out before increasing the temperature and crisping them up in smaller batches.
- Frozen Wings: You can cook frozen wings in an Air Fryer! If you are using frozen wings, air fry them 5 minutes longer at 380°F (29 minutes total), before increasing the temperature for the last 6 minutes to crisp them up. No need to thaw them before cooking!
- Buffalo Sauce: Combine ¼ cup melted unsalted butter and ¼ cup Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. Toss air-fried wings in the sauce.