You get all the flavors of a delicious hearty lasagna in a comforting soup form! With spicy sausage, tender noodles, and a melty cheese topping, this Lasagna Soup recipe has all your favorite Italian ingredients simmered together in one pot.
Lasagna Soup is perfect comfort on a cold winter day. It features everything you love about lasagna in one steaming bowl of delicious comfort!
- 1 lb hot sausage (Italian sausage may be used as well)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped into 1/2" pieces, about 2 cups worth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 – 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- (2) 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, with garlic (fire-roasted tomatoes are great, if you can find them)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 oz mafalda pasta, or an alternate curly pasta
Cheese Topping Ingredients:
- 8 oz ricotta cheese, about 1 cup
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, about 1/2 cup
- 2 oz freshly shredded Mozzarella, about 1/2 cup
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!