Yum Yum Sauce is the star dipping sauce for everything from veggies to fish and beef. This creamy Japanese steakhouse sauce is super easy to make, and adds the perfect touch to everything from tempura to tacos! You’ll love this tangy, savory, sweet sauce on any meat!
No matter what you call it, white sauce, shrimp sauce, pink sauce, sakura sauce, the tasty Yum Yum Sauce has earned its most commonly used name as it’s terrifically yummy!!
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (or ketchup)*
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar (less if you use ketchup)
- Hot sauce , cayenne, dried red pepper flakes, optional
1. Combine mayonnaise, tomato paste, melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, water, sugar and hot sauce in a small food processor. Blend well.
2. For best results, allow sauce to chill and flavors to marry for at least 1 hour.
3. If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings.