Spice up your meals with this easy homemade Blackened Seasoning! Make with ingredients right from the spice cabinet means you can control the heat and spice levels to your liking. It takes minutes to make with ingredients that you already have on hand, and it’s perfect with chicken, seafood and more!
Blackening seasoning, or blackened seasoning, is similar to Cajun or Creole seasoning and has a little spicy kick to it (although you can change this according to your tastes).
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika or use regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder use more for a spicier blend
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Make sure it is blended evenly, and Store in airtight containers and use as needed.
Makes about 3 ounces, just under ½ a cup.
Heat Factor: Mild-Medium, though you can heat things up with extra cayenne pepper, or use a spicier chili flake or powder in the mix.