This Greek inspired lemon orzo soup is a healthy comforting soup, with a refreshing lemon twist! This vibrant vegetarian soup, inspired by Avgolemono Soup, is protein-packed and ready in just over 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ¼ cup water (for water saute)
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 – 8 cups vegetable broth or water (or combo)
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo
- 2 cans (15oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ – ½ cup lemon juice (about 2 – 4 large lemons)
- a large handful fresh baby kale or spinach
- chopped fresh dill, to taste
- mineral salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper or lemon-pepper, to taste
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!