These Roasted Chickpea Gyros are a quick vegetarian dinner that takes just 20 minutes to cook and only a few minutes to prep. That means you can walk in the door and be sitting at the table eating dinner within 30 minutes!
Simple and delicious Mediterranean inspired vegetarian Roasted Chickpea Gyros with refreshing tzatziki sauce.
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g, 1 ½ cup soaked chickpeas if starting from dry, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp paprika* 7 g
- 1 tsp ground black pepper 3 g
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper 1.5 g
- ¼ tsp salt 1.5 g
- 4 pita flatbreads
- 1 cup tzatziki (click for recipe) 250 g, use ⅓ recipe if you’re just making it for these gyros
- ¼ red onion cut into strips
- 2 lettuce leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!