Does your family love tacos? Try this Easy Taco Pizza with the same delicious ingredients. The perfect thing to make when you are out of ideas and want something delicious! It has become my family’s favorite and I know it will be yours too!
- 10 fluid ounces warm water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ pound ground beef
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Add the water, salt, oil, flour and yeast to your bread machine in the order listed. Select the dough cycle. Check your dough after it has been mixing a few minutes. If it is too dry and not mixing, add water 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is mixing and has a nice dough consistency. You want the dough to be pliable but not sticky.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, and 3/4 of the package of taco seasoning mix. Stir in chili powder and cayenne pepper; set aside. In another bowl, mix refried beans, salsa, and onion; set aside. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat. Season with the remaining 1/4 package of taco seasoning and a small amount of water. Simmer a few minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. When the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough from the machine. Divide the dough in half, and pat into two 12 inch pans. Spread a layer of the bean mixture on, then a layer of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned beef and top with cheddar cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Turn pizzas halfway through baking.