These delicious homemade cinnamon rolls are the BEST! Everyone that makes them falls in love! They are great for breakfast, party, brunch, and holidays.
Did you find this post helpful? Want to come back to this page later? Save the Image above to your Recipe board on Pinterest!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Dough Rising Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 3 minutes
For the Dough:
- 1 cup whole milk (I wouldn't recommend a lower fat)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (not instant)
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour, plus some additional to flour work surface
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (I like dark, but light works great too)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, slightly warmed
For the Frosting/Glaze:
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste OR 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
Please leave a star rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe!
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!